The apps for Instant messaging are getting too much popularity and many people are interested in installing them on the smartphones. Android and iOS have tons of available IM apps to download and use to communicate with the friends and family members.
In this post, we are going to tell you about the procedure to download Kik app on Android for free of cost. How you can download the Kik app on your smartphone and use it without any issues.
Before understanding how to download Kik app for Android, you should learn more about the app itself. Kik app is one of the best instant messaging apps available for the Android users.
It has all of the features that you need to communicate with your contacts and also to compete with the giants like WhatsApp, Skype and others. In this post, we are going to share everything you should know about the Kik Messenger app.
What is Kik Messenger App?
Kik app is the instant messenger app developed by Kik interactive. it is a Canadian company that launched the app in 2010. It’s been nine years since the app is available for the Android and iOS users. With millions of daily active users and the wonderful set of features, it is one of the best alternatives for WhatsApp.
The app uses Mobile Internet or WiFi to send and receive messages to the contacts and other Kik app users. Also, the users can use this app to send and receive the videos, images, documents and many other files quickly.
Unlike WhatsApp, kik uses the Usernames and Kikcodes to add new contacts. Although the mobile numbers can be used to connect with other users, but it is not compulsory as it is with WhatsApp.
How to Download Kik app on Android Smartphone?
Fortunately, Downloading and installing Kik app is not a difficult procedure. You can quickly download app from Google Play Store.
But if your smartphone does not have the Google Play Store, then you have to manually download and install this app in your device. In this post, we are covering how to Download Kik app manually on your Android smartphone.
Here are the exact steps to Download Kik app on your smartphone and install it manually. Follow these steps correctly and you’ll face no issues while installing this app.
- First of all, visit the official Kik website and then Download the Kik app APK file. You can click on this Link to download the APK file of the app.
- Now, find the Downloaded APK file in the File Manager. Most of the times, The default Download location is “Downloads” folder in internal storage.
- Once you find the Kik App APK in your device storage, simply Tap the APK file and you’ll see the Installation prompt.
- If you are first timer, then you’ll see the “Installation Blocked” message. To remove that message, go to “Settings >> Security Settings >> Unknown Sources“. Enable the “Unknown Sources” option and you’ll be able to install APK files directly on the device. Now Back to #3.
- In the Installation Prompt, you’ll see two buttons. Tap on “Install” button and the installation will start. Within a few seconds, the app will install and then you can open the app from App Drawer.
So this is all we know about the Kik messenger app. If you are tired of using the WhatsApp, then you should make a switch to Kik app and enjoy the new user experience along with the additional features.
We tried to share exact step-by-step method to install the Kik app on your Android smartphone. If you have any doubts or facing some problems while installing the app, then make sure to comment on this post and we will help you fix that.